Saturday, September 4, 2010

BIENVENUE

The Japanese have a word called Shibori that is used to describe certain methods of creating patterns on dyed cloth; by means of twisting, stitching, folding, or binding. Different methods of fabric manipulation will lead to different outcomes in patterns. In the Western word, this method is more commonly known as Tye-Dye.

Humans are like Shibori pieces. Each one of us is a work of art, and each one so individual. We turn out the way we are because of the decisions we make in life. Our twists, and turns, and our choice of direction will eventually result in a life design that is as unique as a snowflake.

Now, most blogs function as online diaries. They give us an insight to a blogger's lifestyle, and describe the unique decisions they make each day. These are documented decisions that will constantly change their personality and who they will be remembered as. They say "This is what makes me who I am".

So my thought process was quite simple. If I were to create a blog that would document the daily lifestyle decisions I make I would call it a Shibori. These are the methods of life manipulation that I have chosen that makes me who I am. The day-dreaming Shasha Van Der Pendersen.
Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment